Sunday, March 22, 2009

All Burma Students Democratic Front (Three Pagoda Pass)

My friends Ba Tha (resettled in Canada, Ko Myo (running a restaurant in Columbia, SC) and Ko Htee (independent contractor with Roto Rooter plumbing in Baltimore, MD). This picture was taken at ABSDF 102 camp at Three Pagoda Pass.

I walked about 3-4 weeks to get to Three Padoda Pass after I left home on 09/19/1988. This area is controlled by ethnic Mon freedom fighters (Mon National Liberation Army). They allowed us to set up two camps in their area (ABSDF 101 and ABSDF102).

In February, 1990 the area was overrun by Burmese army. We moved to a new place, Krain Kan. ABSDF 102 camp moved 4 different camps when I was there (from 1988 to 1992). They moved 2 more times after I left.

The following is a collection of photos which tell the journey of ABSDF 102. Some of them are stories of our fallen friends.

This is taken during 8.8.88 uprising in Rangoon. . Estimated 6000 people were killed. However, there is no official record. People simply disappeared.

This is the beginning of my journey as a rebel. I was a student activist. I was shot at on September 19, 1988 near the US embassy in downtown Rangoon. I left my home the following day and have not been back since then. I took a bus, then a train and about 4 weeks walk through jungle to the Thai-Burma border. There I joined All Burma Students Front (Burmese Students Army).

No comments:

Post a Comment