Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Brief Stay in Bangkok





After I resigned from ABSDF, I left for Bangkok. My old friends let me stay at their apartment. There 8 of us shared a two rooms ( not a two bed room apartment) apartment. You can see the size of the room in this picture. So, about 4-5 of us shared this room to sleep. In the day time, this was our living room. We have a small kitchen between two rooms. There was no air conditioning in the apartment. Bangkok is very hot and humid ( about 90F) and sometimes it is hard to sleep at night. We had to turn the ceiling fan on all the time.

We got $100/month allowance from United Nations High Commissioner for Refugee after our refugee status were approved. My friends let me stay there for free until then. It took me about 2-3 months to get the status. My application was rejected in the first time( I still wonder why I was rejected.)

I competed for a scholarship offered by a US based NGO. I won the scholarship and thats how I end up in Fredericksburg, Virginia.

You are probably wondering how did I travel to the US without a passport. I will explain about it in the next section.

No comments:

Post a Comment